HPP At Liberty Cold
Liberty Cold is committed to ensuring the highest standards of food safety for our customers. In addition to our cold storage capabilities, we also offer HPP services on-site to preserve your product’s shelf life and increase food safety without degradation to quality.
What is HPP?
High pressure pasteurization, also known as high pressure processing, or HPP, is a cold pasteurization technique that uses water pressure to preserve freshness. Using our state-of-the-art Hyperbaric 525 HPP machine, we introduce up to 87,000psi of water pressure to already sealed food products, deactivating potential bacteria, viruses and other pathogens.
Unlike other pasteurization methods that use heat to preserve food, HPP retains the original characteristics of your product—freshness, color, flavor, texture and aroma. Cold pasteurization can also reduce or eliminate the need for additives and chemical preservatives, making it an excellent fit for natural and clean label brands.
Benefits of HPP
- Maintains original flavor, texture and freshness of product
- Destroys pathogens to increase food safety
- Extends shelf life and quality along shelf life
- Allows preservation of products that cannot be pasteurized using traditional thermal methods
- Preserves nutritional value
- Reduces or eliminates the need for artificial preservatives and chemical additives